Children’s Centres offer a range of services for children and families.
At Golden Lane this includes:
- All year round (49 weeks) and Term time (3 weeks) education with childcare for babies and children from 8 months to five years. (8:00am – 6:00pm)
- Stay and Play sessions for parents, carers and children.
- Family Support
- Courses for families
- Crèche facilities for those people who are attending selected courses on site.
- Links with health services and children’s social care, through a team of professionals who work in the local area.
- A contact base for children in social care.
- Information sessions for parents on specific issues such as managing children’s behaviour or helping them to go to sleep.
- Links with local child minders to provide them with support in their provision as well as creating opportunities for parents to find out more about and meet local child minders
- Information about a range of other services for children and families in the area.
- Information about courses and jobs for parents, through links with the local colleges and Job Centre Plus.
Please see our termly timetable or talk to a member of staff for more information about our many services.
We organise services in response to families’ needs and wants. If you have a good idea for a new group or service - please tell us. We hold a Parents’ Forum every term so that we can gather your views but come and talk to us at any time.