Children’s Centres offer a range of services for children and families.
At Golden Lane this includes:
- All year round (49 weeks) and Term time (3 weeks) education with childcare for babies and children from 6 months to five years. (8:00am – 6:00pm)
- Stay and Play sessions for parents, carers and children.
- Family Support
- Courses for families
- Crèche facilities for those people who are attending selected courses on site.
- Links with health services and children’s social care, through a team of professionals who work in the local area.
- A contact base for children in social care.
- Information sessions for parents on specific issues such as managing children’s behaviour or helping them to go to sleep.
- Links with local child minders to provide them with support in their provision as well as creating opportunities for parents to find out more about and meet local child minders
- Information about a range of other services for children and families in the area.
- Information about courses and jobs for parents, through links with the local colleges and Job Centre Plus.
Please talk to a member of staff for more information about our many services.
We organise services in response to families’ needs and wants. If you have a good idea for a new group or service - please tell us. We hold a Parents’ Forum every term so that we can gather your views but come and talk to us at any time.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play is a FREE drop-in session run by Bright Start Islington, for mums, dads and carers to come and play with their children.
It is time to have fun together and pick up tips on how to support your child’s learning and development.
What happens at Stay & Play?
Qualified early years staff set out a wide range of exciting activities to support all areas of children’s learning and development. Children are encouraged to do activities both indoors and outside, whatever the weather!
For most of the session children are free to choose which activities they would like to do with their parents/carers. Staff are on hand to help you get the most out of each activity.
Your child will have opportunities to access a wide range of activities which will enable them to:
- Learn through play
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor play
- Make new friends
- Develop social skills
Towards the end of the session everyone, adults included, help to tidy away activities. This is followed by our healthy snack time for children.
For information and advice about local services for families, including finding and paying for childcare, contact the Family Information Service (FIS) on 020 7527 5959; firstname.lastname@example.org; ww
Children’s Centre staff are very experienced in supporting children with special and additional needs and their families. We believe that everyone benefits from working in an inclusive environment. The centre has 6 places for children with complex needs and welcomes children with any levels of ability. The centre also participates in offering additional places through various programmes.
We have a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) who works closely with the deputy head, education staff and the parents and carers of children who have additional needs. These needs may already be known or might be identified once children start at the centre.
Our Outreach Team consists of the Family Support and Outreach Area Manager (FSOAM) who works across both Golden Lane and Moreland Children’s Centres, 3 Family Support and Outreach Workers, one of whom is Somali speaking. We also work in partnership with a range of health, housing and employment and training professionals. If you ever require information, advice or support in any aspect of family life please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff who can put you in contact with the relevant person.