At Prior Weston Primary School the over aching aim is to promote high standards of literacy by equipping our learners with a strong command of the spoken or written word and develop their love of literature through widespread opportunities for reading for pleasure.
We aim for our children to:
- read fluently with good understanding and appreciate literature from around the world;
- develop the habits of reading widely for both pleasure and information
- acquire a wide vocabulary and an understanding of grammar
- write clearly, accurately and coherently adapting their language for a range of genres
- be competent in the art of speaking and listening to clearly explain their ideas.
We use a range of strategies and resources to deliver our English curriculum. Please see the documents below for more information.